From time to time, IACA may create additional awards to offer recognition for matters that do not conform to its other categories.
Best Currency Initiatives Implemented In Response To The Covid-19 Pandemic
This is a special one-time award presented in 2021 to recognize an initiative in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- A nominated project should demonstrate a change on the way a process, policy or program is carried out. It may also be a change to equipment, or how equipment is used or deployed. This may include a new machine, a concept, a patent, software, or change to a process within the cash processing, distribution or manufacturing environment, or to interaction with the general public.
- The benefits of the project should be clearly demonstrated, such as increased efficiency, safety, or environmental protection, benefit to the general public, or notably improved quality of a product or process.
- The project submission should clearly explain how the initiative as implemented is significantly different or demonstrates important improvements as compared with previous processes.
- Projects that have ongoing-effect independent of the 2020-2021 pandemic period will be ranked most highly.
- Nominated projects must have been implemented after February 1, 2020.
- Two awards will be presented: one for central banks/monetary authorities and one for other organizations.